Lakes of Russia – one of the national wealth of our country. They can be large and small, freshwater and saline, deep and shallow. Before You five amazing lakes of Russia.
1. Caspian sea — lake, the largest in the world by area and volume of water. K its shores appears five States. The salinity of the most part of the reservoir is about three times smaller than the oceanic, in the North the water is almost fresh.
2. The coastline of the Caspian sea is estimated at about 6500-6700 km, with the Islands — up to 7000 kilometers.
3. In the Caspian sea runs 130 rivers, of which 9 of the rivers have a mouth in the shape of a Delta. Major rivers flowing into the Caspian sea — the Volga, Terek (Russia), Ural, Emba (Kazakhstan), Kura (Azerbaijan), Samur (border of Russia with Azerbaijan), Atrek (Turkmenistan).
4. In the Caspian sea registered 101 species of fish, it is focused the majority of the world’s reserves of sturgeon, as well as freshwater fish such as roach, carp, perch.
5. The main risks for the Caspian sea related to pollution from production and transportation of oil on the continental shelf, the inflow of pollutants from the Volga and other rivers flowing Continue reading
Unique tri-colored crater lake of Kelimutu volcano. Discussion on LiveInternet – Russian Service Online Diaries
Kelimutu volcano-a mystical place is lost in the ocean island of Flores, which is rarely visited by tourists because of its remoteness and underdeveloped tourist infrastructure. In the sky, flying over Flores, you can see a bright turquoise spot that stands out against the dark green covering the island. This is one of three crater lakes of Kelimutu, which is closely interwoven with the legends and beliefs of local residents.
Kelimutu lake located in the volcano on the island of Flores (the height of 1639 m.), which belongs to the Small Eastern Indonesian Sunda Islands. The volcano last erupted in 1968, after which no signs of activity. After the eruption the magma was formed trench-colderi, in which water from precipitation forms three lakes.
What is the famous lake Kelimutu? Not even the fact that they are colorful, and the fact that the lake is constantly changing color. For example, the black lake in a few years becomes turquoise, then red, then green. This variability is explained by the presence in water of dissolved minerals of different nature. Chemical reaction between them and lead to dynamic great Kelimutu. Green — is sulfuric and hydrochloric Continue reading
What is so attracted by the resorts on the lakes? First of all, crystal clear fresh water. Secondly, the charming scenery of the majestic Alps to the fruit groves. Thirdly, the richness of choice, because such bodies of water in Italy more than a thousand. Another reason lies in the fact that most lakes resort are located near large cities, which means that calm rest you can always swap the noise of the streets. Do not forget that all the benefits of these places, people have realized in the days of Ancient Rome. so everything needed for an unforgettable vacation there.
Located not far from Milan and Verona to the scenic places of the Alps. Around old trees, vineyards, orange and olive orchards. On the background of the scenery here and there visible of the old manor. And in all this splendor is hidden a small and very cozy resort towns and villages.
The most famous lakes – Garda, Maggiore and Como. On their shores are havens of serenity – the Alps are not allowed in the valley of the strong wind, and thus developed a pleasant, comfortable climate. From may to October, the temperature does not rise above +28, however, the heat or the heat is not felt.
Garda – the largest lake in Italy. Its resorts are ideal for those who prefer relaxed vacation, are spending the holidays with children or wants to improve Continue reading