The capital of China – Beijing, the Chinese currency – the yuan. 92% of the population are Chinese, and 8% jury, Uighurs, Miao, Tibetans. Officially China’s population is considered atheist, but many practice Confucianism, Buddhism, Taoism.
In China there are lowlands and plains, along the shores of many seas, the highest mountains and highlands, resort areas, famous monasteries, including the legendary Shaolin temple, climbing base on the Eastern slopes of the Himalayas and the Karakoram, picturesque Yunnan-Guijosa plateau with lots of mountain rivers, waterfalls and deep caves, unique Taihu lake and West lake, a scenic mount tai, which is included in the list of UNESCO treasures, a treasure trove of ancient Buddhist art – Dunhuang caves, waterfall Huangoshu 74 m, width 81 m, “stone forest” in the County is an Easy, etc.
The Capital Of China – Beijing . lying to the South of the plateau, Shanxi is one of the most interesting cities in the country. Noteworthy “the Forbidden city”. It is the largest surviving in the world of Palace complexes of the Imperial Palace Museum in Beijing, is enclosed by a medieval wall and literally full-bodied historical buildings (more than 9 thousand houses). Today in many rooms of the Palace opened the Museum exposition there are exhibited collections of Imperial treasures, Continue reading
Lakes of Russia – one of the national wealth of our country. They can be large and small, freshwater and saline, deep and shallow. Before You five amazing lakes of Russia.
1. Caspian sea — lake, the largest in the world by area and volume of water. K its shores appears five States. The salinity of the most part of the reservoir is about three times smaller than the oceanic, in the North the water is almost fresh.
2. The coastline of the Caspian sea is estimated at about 6500-6700 km, with the Islands — up to 7000 kilometers.
3. In the Caspian sea runs 130 rivers, of which 9 of the rivers have a mouth in the shape of a Delta. Major rivers flowing into the Caspian sea — the Volga, Terek (Russia), Ural, Emba (Kazakhstan), Kura (Azerbaijan), Samur (border of Russia with Azerbaijan), Atrek (Turkmenistan).
4. In the Caspian sea registered 101 species of fish, it is focused the majority of the world’s reserves of sturgeon, as well as freshwater fish such as roach, carp, perch.
5. The main risks for the Caspian sea related to pollution from production and transportation of oil on the continental shelf, the inflow of pollutants from the Volga and other rivers flowing Continue reading
Unique tri-colored crater lake of Kelimutu volcano. Discussion on LiveInternet – Russian Service Online Diaries
Kelimutu volcano-a mystical place is lost in the ocean island of Flores, which is rarely visited by tourists because of its remoteness and underdeveloped tourist infrastructure. In the sky, flying over Flores, you can see a bright turquoise spot that stands out against the dark green covering the island. This is one of three crater lakes of Kelimutu, which is closely interwoven with the legends and beliefs of local residents.
Kelimutu lake located in the volcano on the island of Flores (the height of 1639 m.), which belongs to the Small Eastern Indonesian Sunda Islands. The volcano last erupted in 1968, after which no signs of activity. After the eruption the magma was formed trench-colderi, in which water from precipitation forms three lakes.
What is the famous lake Kelimutu? Not even the fact that they are colorful, and the fact that the lake is constantly changing color. For example, the black lake in a few years becomes turquoise, then red, then green. This variability is explained by the presence in water of dissolved minerals of different nature. Chemical reaction between them and lead to dynamic great Kelimutu. Green — is sulfuric and hydrochloric Continue reading