The largest lake of the Altai and throughout Russia, can be considered the Teletskoye lake. It goes to a depth of over 300 metres, which allows him to enter the ranking of the deepest lakes in the world. Today this lake is 25 in the world in depth.
Camp sites in the mountain Altai gladly give tours on the lake for everyone.
The name of the lake is deeply rooted in the history of the Altai, Teleuts tribe.
Teletskoye lake is considered to be the younger brother of lake Baikal. Who though time has visited on Baikal, be sure to checkout the tour to Altai mountains and to visit this wonderful lake.
Just like its big brother, the lake is very deep. It is elongated in the mountains and is located along, having a small width relative to its length. When booking a tour to Altai . you can see how in the Teletskoye lake flows about 80 different rivers and streams and only one river Biya flows from this delightful natural swimming pool.
The locals call it gold lake. Any tourist who will book a tour to Altai mountains and encounter local folklore, can hear an ancient legend about a rich poor man who had a bar of gold. He decided on this bar to get some food, but after going around the Altai mountains . was not able Continue reading
Scientists from Russia, Germany, Switzerland and England are looking at the bottom of lake Baikal responses to questions about how life evolved and changed the climate of Central Asia millions of years ago. Using a special sampler researchers get samples of soil from the bottom of the biggest and purest lake on the planet and build the first conclusions and hypotheses.
With augers or chainsaw scientists know better than a professional fisherman. A few seconds and the surface begins to rise the purest Baikal water. The deepest lake on the planet researchers from Russia, Germany, Switzerland and England, as «our laboratory».
Using a special sampler and a conventional winch, the scientists take samples of soil from the bottom of lake Baikal, which today is the main subject of study. The sediments are a unique archive. According to experts, they can store the entire history of Central Asia. They cover everything from earthquakes to the smallest details of appearance and disappearance of species. Professor of Irkutsk state University Nikolay Budnev explains: «In bottom sediments can be found even pollen, which lived here thousands of years ago, and that Continue reading
Lakes of Russia – one of the national wealth of our country. They can be large and small, freshwater and saline, deep and shallow. Before You five amazing lakes of Russia.
1. Caspian sea — lake, the largest in the world by area and volume of water. K its shores appears five States. The salinity of the most part of the reservoir is about three times smaller than the oceanic, in the North the water is almost fresh.
2. The coastline of the Caspian sea is estimated at about 6500-6700 km, with the Islands — up to 7000 kilometers.
3. In the Caspian sea runs 130 rivers, of which 9 of the rivers have a mouth in the shape of a Delta. Major rivers flowing into the Caspian sea — the Volga, Terek (Russia), Ural, Emba (Kazakhstan), Kura (Azerbaijan), Samur (border of Russia with Azerbaijan), Atrek (Turkmenistan).
4. In the Caspian sea registered 101 species of fish, it is focused the majority of the world’s reserves of sturgeon, as well as freshwater fish such as roach, carp, perch.
5. The main risks for the Caspian sea related to pollution from production and transportation of oil on the continental shelf, the inflow of pollutants from the Volga and other rivers flowing Continue reading