When you are in Uganda, make a trip to lake Victoria. Only in this lake is home to fish, Marco, in other bodies of water the fish lived 300 million years ago. She is able to hold the inhaled air in the gills – so only makes a man: holds the air in his lungs. This fish represents the element of the so-called “adapter”, between the fish and animals on land. In addition to this unique fish in the lake full – full of crocodiles. Another phenomenon – an unimaginably rapid formation of new species and subspecies of fish – the phenomenon puts Darwin’s theory of evolution to a standstill, as he claimed that this is possible only over a long period of time. But the little fish from lake Victoria baffled not only the theory of Darwin, but of many scientists. On the same place in a few years it is again possible to observe a new appearance. And what absolutely fantastic – the ability to change the fish from this lake you can almost see already in the next generation, even if they live in your aquarium!
In addition to its rich underwater world and its inhabitants, the lake is also known in that it originates the sacred Nile. Victoria – the largest lake in Africa and second largest in the world. Fresh water in the lake is of excellent quality, Continue reading
Lakes of Russia – one of the national wealth of our country. They can be large and small, freshwater and saline, deep and shallow. Before You five amazing lakes of Russia.
1. Caspian sea — lake, the largest in the world by area and volume of water. K its shores appears five States. The salinity of the most part of the reservoir is about three times smaller than the oceanic, in the North the water is almost fresh.
2. The coastline of the Caspian sea is estimated at about 6500-6700 km, with the Islands — up to 7000 kilometers.
3. In the Caspian sea runs 130 rivers, of which 9 of the rivers have a mouth in the shape of a Delta. Major rivers flowing into the Caspian sea — the Volga, Terek (Russia), Ural, Emba (Kazakhstan), Kura (Azerbaijan), Samur (border of Russia with Azerbaijan), Atrek (Turkmenistan).
4. In the Caspian sea registered 101 species of fish, it is focused the majority of the world’s reserves of sturgeon, as well as freshwater fish such as roach, carp, perch.
5. The main risks for the Caspian sea related to pollution from production and transportation of oil on the continental shelf, the inflow of pollutants from the Volga and other rivers flowing Continue reading
What is so attracted by the resorts on the lakes? First of all, crystal clear fresh water. Secondly, the charming scenery of the majestic Alps to the fruit groves. Thirdly, the richness of choice, because such bodies of water in Italy more than a thousand. Another reason lies in the fact that most lakes resort are located near large cities, which means that calm rest you can always swap the noise of the streets. Do not forget that all the benefits of these places, people have realized in the days of Ancient Rome. so everything needed for an unforgettable vacation there.
Located not far from Milan and Verona to the scenic places of the Alps. Around old trees, vineyards, orange and olive orchards. On the background of the scenery here and there visible of the old manor. And in all this splendor is hidden a small and very cozy resort towns and villages.
The most famous lakes – Garda, Maggiore and Como. On their shores are havens of serenity – the Alps are not allowed in the valley of the strong wind, and thus developed a pleasant, comfortable climate. From may to October, the temperature does not rise above +28, however, the heat or the heat is not felt.
Garda – the largest lake in Italy. Its resorts are ideal for those who prefer relaxed vacation, are spending the holidays with children or wants to improve Continue reading