Lakes of Russia – one of the national wealth of our country. They can be large and small, freshwater and saline, deep and shallow. Before You five amazing lakes of Russia.
1. Caspian sea — lake, the largest in the world by area and volume of water. K its shores appears five States. The salinity of the most part of the reservoir is about three times smaller than the oceanic, in the North the water is almost fresh.
2. The coastline of the Caspian sea is estimated at about 6500-6700 km, with the Islands — up to 7000 kilometers.
3. In the Caspian sea runs 130 rivers, of which 9 of the rivers have a mouth in the shape of a Delta. Major rivers flowing into the Caspian sea — the Volga, Terek (Russia), Ural, Emba (Kazakhstan), Kura (Azerbaijan), Samur (border of Russia with Azerbaijan), Atrek (Turkmenistan).
4. In the Caspian sea registered 101 species of fish, it is focused the majority of the world’s reserves of sturgeon, as well as freshwater fish such as roach, carp, perch.
5. The main risks for the Caspian sea related to pollution from production and transportation of oil on the continental shelf, the inflow of pollutants from the Volga and other rivers flowing Continue reading
The Chany Lake. which is located in the Novosibirsk region and is the largest lake in Western Siberia, once again nearly dried up and lost fish. It was visited by correspondents of the NHS.NEWS Vladimir Itkin and Tatiana Krivenko. Offer readers IA “Amitel” to find material counterparts.
A year ago due to alcohol intoxication local fishermen in Siberia was rocked by the sensation: in the Chany lake lives a monster. Another sensation brewing for 400 years: the Vats dry. At the end of the XVIII century the lake area reached 12 thousand square km, and now a little over 2 thousand sq. km. of Guilt of the person is not here, the lake is not fed by underground springs, and its depth, the average component is slightly less than 2 meters, is governed solely by precipitation, which in the last century was here a lot less. The water level did not fall, in the 1970s a substantial part of the lake (700 sq km) separated by a dam, and for 40 years the cordoned area, called Udinsky Plyos. turned into a grassy wasteland.
When we look at the map, Vats seem to be a magical place. Its coast is indented by peninsulas long — manes, which appeared at the end of the ice age by winds. Hearing pleasing names: Monkey island, Continue reading
The First rock. A trip to the lake of Yastrebino – October 1, 2015 – the Club of mountaineers and climbers – voenmeh
I’m still new to climbing and tried to climb only on climbing walls, so it was very interesting to try what it’s like to climb on real rocks. Trip to lake hawk gave me the opportunity to feel it and to experience for yourself.
The road to the lake is quite far. Leaving in the evening from St. Petersburg, we went to the side of Karelia. A few hours on the train, which, by the way, passed quite unnoticed by me, because he was passionate about – the guys showing how to tie knots on the rope. Further from the railway station we were expected by Forging a road in the dark to camp on the lake. About 12-13 miles. This road runs through the village Forge, then through the quarry, where rushing past you in a big machine – BelAZ filled with sand. At the end of career starts the most interesting part of the path to the lake – Ho Chi Minh trail (“Hoshimina”). About this trail there are numerous entries on the Internet. Honestly, she did not just read about it and wanted it to go. And here wishes come true, as they say. The trail passes through a marshy area, so it’s best to stock up on rubber boots or what is not sorry. I don’t envy the guys who walked in the Shoe – in some places this trail leg ankle quietly went into the dirt. The guys who went later from St. Petersburg Continue reading